I had blood taken for the 2nd part of our NT testing (genetic stuff I'm sure Dale can explain better than Brett or I) on Friday after work. On Tuesday the doctor called and said everything looks great!
The test is for Downs Syndrome, Spina bifida and Trichosomy 18. The testing doesn't tell you a yes/no answer if the baby has these conditions, but it gives you risk percentages based on age and blood testing.
For an average 30 year old (that's me) who doesn't have the blood testing done, the odds are:
Downs - 1 in 690
Spina bifida - 1 in 1,000
Trichosomy 18 - I don't remember
For an average 30 year old (again, me) with my blood test results, the odds are:
Downs - 1 in 20,000
Spinda bifida - 1 in 5,600
Trichosomy 18 - If the odds are less than 1% they call the test negative - and we are negative.
Obviously this does eliminate all worry, but it does make us feel better about Conway's health!
No comments:
Post a Comment