We all know me. We know my love of all things shopping. I've never met a store or shoe I didn't like. Most of my adult life has been spent trying to curb my shopping.
Boy how things have changed...
I had been putting off shopping for maternity clothes for weeks. It was painfully obvious to everyone that I needed to give in and buy some pants that fit, but I was fine sitting in court with my pants unbuttoned. What's not professional about that?
Yesterday I finally sucked it up and went downtown to buy some preggo work clothes. I went to the first store that carries higher end stuff and tried on some suits and jeans. I left without buying anything, got lunch and proceeded to call Brett and complain about how I hated having to spend $$ on these clothes, particularly clothes that didn't seem that well made.
After my venting, I went to a less expensive store and found some clothes that are tolerable for work. Not quite as professional as I need to be, but I'll be able to get away with it. That store made me feel a bit better.
What made me feel a lot better was the chocolate covered strawberry I got from Godiva as a pick me up treat. Yes folks, I officially had to buy a treat to get me to keep shopping. What has Conway done to me????
I then went to a couple other stores where I found some more work appropriate clothing. I then came home and ordered a suit from the expensive store I went to that was on sale online.
I still have no casual pants for weekends, but those aren't a must-have just yet. Brett doesn't care as much if I sit around the house with my pants unbuttoned.
i can't believe you incentivized yourself to keep shopping. what's wrong with you!?!? godiva is magical
ReplyDelete