
Last night was not the best night of sleep for anybody. Mabel was up most of the night, giving mom almost no breaks and fussing in down time. Her appetite is welcome, even if it means long nights.
Weight check this morning went well, having gained a bit, returning to hospital discharge weight. These weight checks are made with a nude baby, so I took her diaper off as she went into the scale, only to find she needed a change. A 10 foot walk back to the room for a new diaper, I figured we were fine. And then Mabel peed all over me. And the table in the room after I put her down. And kept peeing. It was a lot of pee for a little baby. Fortunately, she was weighed full. Kate and I were laughing, grabbing as many paper towels as we could. Lesson learned.
Next appointment is in a week to again re-check weight. At that point we will finally be in to see the pediatrician we'd wanted, as she has been on vacation this week.
Everyone is stealing naps now in preparation for another long night.
No comments:
Post a Comment