Today Mabel and I dyed Easter eggs. I made dye using beets, red cabbage and tumeric. As I was making the dye I was wondering if I had officially crossed the line into the land of crazy mama. Who makes their own dye? Is the stuff from the box really so bad? I quickly realized I made the right choice when M stuck her hand in the dye and then straight to her mouth. I thought the white vinegar in there would keep her from trying it again, but it didn't. She double dipped about 5 times.
My helper


We also made little bird nests out of coconut macaroons. This one of our favorite recipes because all the stuff goes in one bowl and you mash it with your hands. This is extra fun for Mabel. She dumps the ingredients in and does a lot of hand mashing. After the nests were made we filled them with "beans" and delivered them to some friends for a little Easter treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment