Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How are you doing?

That was the question I was asked all day today at my first day back at work. And how was I? Fine. Totally and completely fine.

I woke up and left before M woke up which made it easy to leave. As I got on to the ferry I was greeted by the ticket taker who said "Hey! You're back!" which made for a cheery welcome to my commute. I spent most of the day at work just catching up with people, but did get some work done at the end of the day.

I didn't cry at all - didn't even tear up. I didn't call home until I got on the ferry at the end of the day. It really wasn't hard for me. Which is not what I expected, but will take it.

I'm sure in a month when M is not staying with her dad it will be harder for me, but this is a nice transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment