When I was pregnant with Mabel, I had a very strong meat aversion. Just seeing the stuff made me sick. I ate fruit and veggies (and ice cream) pretty much the whole pregnancy. With Sam, all I wanted was meat and spicy food. There was a month where salad actually had a horrible aftertaste and I couldn't eat it. Also, I couldn't get enough spicy food. There were times where it was as if my brain and my taste buds were disconnected and my mouth would be tingling with pain, but my brain didn't seem to register the heat. It was pretty crazy.
That said, Mabel loves veggies and it is hard to get her to eat meat. I was pretty sure when we started feeding Sam that he would love meat and spicy food given how things went during the pregnancy.
As you saw in the video in the post below, the acorn squash wasn't a huge hit with Sam. The pears we have him after that got the same reaction. That night we gave him grilled chicken wing meat. Oh. my. goodness. He was basically throwing his face at the table to get more. It was insane.
The next day he got banana - eh, raspberry - eh, blueberry - eh, and grilled flank steak. Again...oh. my. goodness. He was crying when we weren't feeding him fast enough.
Seems as if the pregnancy was a good predictor of the kids' tastes.
No comments:
Post a Comment