Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wedding. Baby powder.

Yesterday we went to one of Mabel's nanny's wedding. Mabel had been in a mood most of the day, so the end of the day was welcomed. Bathtime and books read, M was in bed about 8:15. Thirty minutes later, we saw the lights come on in her room (on the video monitor). I went in and check on her, to find her pulling on a pair of pants, telling me she was "all done sleeping." We talked about how it was late, but she insisted she was no tired. Lights on, her not in bed, I left. We'd occasionally look at the monitor and find her still not in bed, quietly playing with dolls and toys. About 10:30, it sounded like she'd opened her bedroom door so I went to check again. This is what I found:


And entire (small) bottle of baby powder on the floor, thick in the air, all over M and her panda bear who had a 'dirty diaper.' Laughing, tired, mad, I got her and the room cleaned up. She wanted the lights on but lost. A full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment