I haven't posted the mama update in a while so I'm going to try to get as much in as I can while Brett tries to bounce the baby to sleep.
The most obvious topic to discuss is the illness. M is still coughing, but she seems to be getting a little better (knock on wood.) The amount of goop that has been pouring from her eyes is decreasing which is a good sign. She is still coughing...
Pause for mama to try to get baby to sleep.
I'm back (over 24 hours later.)
So...M is still coughing but she's not getting worse which is all we can ask for. She is still sleeping well despite the illness, so that makes mama happy.
M is full of new tricks these days. She has just learned to shriek. She is very, very good at it. When she first started doing it we thought it was a precursor to a meltdown. Turns out she just likes to yell. It's really pretty funny. I'm sure it won't be so funny when she is 4 and we are at a restaurant, but we have to live in the moment.
Still no rolling over back to front, but she is getting really good at sitting up. She will sit and reach for things and is able to pull herself back up most of the time. Sometimes that big melon weighs her down and she topples over, but not too often. I think her cotton diaper base helps her because it is big and provides her more stability than a disposable diaper would.
As of today I have less than a month of maternity leave left. I am excited to go back and have normal adult contact that doesn't involve discussions about sleep or poop. But I'm still going to cry and be miserable when the time comes. I'm already sad about it.
Signing out from mama land!
No comments:
Post a Comment