Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So much for planning!

Well, we spoke too soon. We lost our spot at the great daycare. The only rule Dottie has about who can use her is that people who already have a kid with her get first dibs on any future spots. Another coworker of mine who has a kid at Dottie's place told me this week that she is expecting. She is very early on, but wanted me to know as soon as possible. It was really nice of her to give me as much heads up as possible. But it does mean we are back to the drawing board.

I put us on a waiting list for a daycare near home and emailed a friend about a nanny share. These are the times when my obsessive researching can be put to good use!

I still get my 6 months off though, so we have some time to figure out where Conway will spend her days.

2 comments:

  1. you have a nice buffer of time...you'll find something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh bummer!! I was even getting excited for Dottie! better get researchin...

    ReplyDelete